WILG represents a wide variety of enterprises, organizations and individuals engaged in diverse merger & acquisition (M&A) transactions. Our attorneys have aided clients ranging from local entrepreneurs expanding their businesses to national and multinational conglomerates acquiring or merging with other entities.
We assist clients in all phases of negotiating, structuring and documenting business acquisitions, mergers and reorganizations. This includes the preparation of term sheets, letters of intent, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements and merger agreements, as well as the due diligence investigations associated with those transactions.
M&A of companies with assets and sales in more than one country can pose enormous legal complexities. Our lawyers provide clients with solid, comprehensive counsel pertaining to local, national and multinational business transactions.
WILG is apt at handling all aspects of the negotiation and financing of M&A transactions, including:
- Structuring business combination transactions to maximize economic benefits and meet corporate objectives
- Providing advice on corporate governance, including the duties of a board of directors in a change-of-control situation
- Negotiating and drafting asset purchase, stock purchase, sale and merger agreements
- Conducting the due diligence investigation of a target company
- Providing assistance in preparing a seller for a buyer’s due diligence investigation
- Negotiating and drafting documents for financing transactions, such as bank loan agreements, mezzanine financing and sales of debt or equity securities.
- Preparing Hart-Scott-Rodino notifications
- Advising on post-closing matters
- Analyzing issues for transactions that may affect U.S. national security interests, including the preparation of Exon-Florio filings